Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bow Clutch

Have you seen my sewing board on Pinterest??  It is full of all kinds of cool ideas that I would love to do but will probably never get around to doing.  However, in preparation for our cruise, I knew I needed a small clutch to hold my camera, lipstick and SeaPass card.  I have one I made a while back that is fine, but didn't seem dressy enough.  I went straight to my sewing board for ideas.  As soon as I saw this picture,
                                                      Diy bow clutch tute
I knew I had to make it.  Whitney over at Elm Street Life has fabulous step by step pic tutorial that made it super easy for me to make.  I love her mustard fabric, but I didn't have anything like that on hand.  I did, however, have an awesome teal and white polka dot fabric that needed a purpose.  I think it turned out ADORABLE and I used it every day on the cruise!

 
Here's what you'll need:
1/3 yard of fabric
interfacing of your choice (I used fusible fleece)
matching thread
9in zipper
machine, pins, rotary cutter/scissors















  



















*Now that both outside pieces and both lining pieces are attached to the zipper, unzip the zipper half way.  *Lay it out so that one lining piece and one outside piece are on your table right sides facing up.  Lay the other corresponding piece on top of it's mate so that both outside pieces are right side together and both lining pieces are right side together.  
*Take two pins and along the bottom of the lining piece in the middle, pin them 2-2.5 inches apart.  This is going to leave a hole after we've stitched the rest together so you can turn the clutch right side out. 
* Grab your strap piece and fold it in half.  
*Put it between the two outside pieces that are right sides together.  Make sure the loop is between the pieces and that the raw edge is sticking out about 1/2-1 inch.  






There you go!  A great little clutch for everyday or special occasions!  Change the fabric, change the feel of it. I definitely plan to make more!

If you make one, be sure to email me pictures!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!