Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Goodbye, For Now

Early this morning, our Nana passed away.  She had lived 97 years on this earth.  Imagine all of the things one sees over 97 years.  The good, the bad.  The wonderful and horrendous.  It is an amazing life, 97 years. What a very blessed lady she was.  Up until last year when she had a stroke, she was in excellent health for her age.  Even after her stroke, she fought to get back to speaking and being understood.  She succeeded too.  She was a very straightforward person.  Sometimes, too straightforward, but she was Nana.  She always lit up when she saw her grandkids/great grandkids.

I dread telling my boys.  I know what I'm going to say and I truly believe what I'm going to say with all of my heart, but it doesn't make it any easier.  They are in the "why?" stage full on right now and I don't believe that our conversation will end with me just telling them.  I don't know that I will be able to hold it together trying to explain all the whys.


Goodbye for now Nana!  

post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing she must have been to you and your family. I lost my both my Grandparents in '95 and still miss them every day. They were so full of endless love for all of us and left a wonderful legacy for all of us. It sounds like your Nana did the same for you. Prayers and hugs for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!