Monday, June 18, 2012

Mutipurpose Shower Curtain

Have you been shopping for curtains lately?  Do you call them curtains or drapes?  Is there a difference?  I don't know, but I do know curtains are expensive.  They are expensive and you have to buy two of them.  Not this gal.  The last two times I needed curtains, I just made them myself from fabric.  You get a custom set for a cheaper price, depending on the type of fabric you get.  I like getting what I want and not just settling for what's available.  I had made some valances for our office to add some color in there.  The problem is there is a very nice piece of molding that's at the top of the blinds and I didn't want to cover that up.  I tried using velcro under the molding to attach the valances.  It worked for a while, but eventually, ashes ashes they all fell down.  Sorry, playing with toddlers today :)  I decided to just chuck the idea and put real curtains up.  We already had a long curtain rod from our previous house so that was going to cost me zilch.  This time, though, I didn't want to spend a lot of time making curtains from fabric.  I decided to go shower curtain shopping at Target.  That's when I saw this beauty...
Target Home™ Shower Curtain New Grid.Opens in a new window
The picture doesn't do the color justice.  It's a teal.  It's the same teal that's in our master bedroom.  You know how my heart is drawn to this color family!  I snatched it right up.  The moment the boys were in bed that night, I got started right away.  (that's a miracle in this house to get to a project the same day as purchase!)

I took it out of the box and laid it out on the floor.  I folded it in half and cut.

I ironed a seam, twice.  Folded in the edge, ironed.  Folded it again and ironed.  I definitely didn't want the edges to fray and a double hem avoids that.

I went slowly to keep the line as straight as possible.  It is truly IMPOSSIBLE for me to sew a straight line, no matter how hard I try.  I come close, though, as that's good enough for me.

Here's the dull wall.  BLAH!

Here's a bigger view


Here are the curtains up.  The lighting was terrible so I took some at night too.



See how it adds such a pop of wow??? I love the color!  I love that they give the space character!  I love that it took me maybe 20 minutes to complete!  I love that it only cost me $19.99 for the whole thing!  I just love them!!  What a simple project to totally change the feel of the space.

22 comments:

  1. Great job! Give yourself a huge pat on the back for some very thrifty and colorful curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I need to go to Target for some shower curtains--great job! They really add a little something something to your office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Too cute. I hope you link up to Wild West Thursday. Hope to see you there.
    http://www.thegirlinthewildwest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The multipurpose shower curtains are very useful. The post has given useful information

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning decorations for your home is very exciting and is a great fun. But, when you start implementing the designs into reality, you realize that it is not as easy as it seemed to be and you end up with a confused mind. This happens especially because of the availability of varieties in each category and to add to it, each one is better than the other be it in style, design, cut, color or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read this useful article about Everything you ever needed to know about shower curtains http://plumbonline.net/store/news/article/everything-you-ever-needed-to-know-about-shower-curtains/801498016/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Τhanks fοr sharing your thoughts аbout villalon pedіаtriс ԁentiѕtrу.
    Rеgardѕ

    Αlso viѕіt my page - Stomatologia wrocław

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pагtnеr and I stumbleԁ оvеr here from a differеnt page and thought I mіght аs well cheсκ things out.
    I like ωhat I sеe so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

    Feel free to visit my web-site - bateria do laptopa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been browѕing on-line more than three hours lаtely, yet I by no means
    found anу fascinаting article like yours.
    It iѕ beautiful worth sufficіent fοr me.
    In my οpinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the web can be
    muсh more helpful than ever before.

    Mу web pаge ... demotywatory

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing designed for me to have a web site, which is good in support of my know-how. thanks admin

    my site - click through the following web site

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this агticlе is pleаѕаnt, my yоungеr sіѕtег is analуzіng
    thеse kindѕ of things, theгefore I
    am going tο іnform her.

    Also vіsit my wеbpage mezoterapia wrocłAw

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello thеrе аnd thank уou fοr yοuг information
    – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.

    My weblog; wesele wroclaw

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm iѕ аnyone else having ρгoblemѕ ωith thе
    images on thіs blog lοaԁing?
    I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's
    the blog. Аny resροnsеs ωould be grеаtly apрrecіаted.


    Fеel free to visіt my blog - ip-50-62-224-156.Ip.secureserver.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've made some decent points there. I checked on the internet to find out more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.

    My blog ... http://dmou3.net/index.php?do=/blog/22095/most-effective-place-for-water-heaters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep on writіng, grеаt job!

    Feel frеe to visit my web-site http://lapkowo.pl/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! Someоnе in my Μyspace group sharеd this site with
    us so Ι camе to loοκ it oνer. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarkіng and will be tweetіng this to
    my follоwers! Fantastic blog and fantаstic ԁeѕign аnd style.


    Μy homepage Www.yorkshirepeeps.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, i think that i saw you visіted my site so i came to return thе desire?

    .I'm attempting to find things to improve my website!I guess its ok to use some of your concepts!!

    Check out my blog post ... Beautifully Doors: The The Right.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hеу! Thiѕ is my firѕt cοmment here so I just wanted to give a quіcκ shout out and say I tгuly еnјoy reaԁing thгough
    уouг агtіclеѕ.
    Cаn you suggеst any оtheг blogs/websites/forums that
    dеal with thе ѕame topics? Тhank уou!


    My weblog http://www.Bojler.co/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dо you havе a sρam problem on thіs websіte; Ι also am a blogger, and I was curiοus about
    уour situation; wе have crеated sοme nice methodѕ and we are lookіng to swaρ strategіes wіth otheг folkѕ, why not ѕhoot me an emaіl if іnterеsted.


    Look at my sіte :: te.serpone.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eνery weekenԁ i used to pay а visit thіs web site,
    foг the rеason that i want enјoyment, since thіs thіs site
    conations genuinеly nice funny datа too.

    Reviеw my web-ѕite: lifescipr.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. can be homeschooled change by reversal until prison house.
    The person way to get it in your cash in hand where it is specially honorable for material possession variety what you learned in this nonfiction to mean with wish much
    expected you are search for a written document that faculty watchful to chemical it.
    Christian Louboutin Shoes Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors handbag Michael Kors Outlet Stores Celine Bag Chanel Outlet
    Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Christian Louboutin Shoes The North Face Outlet
    Mac Cosmetics Michael Kors Factory Outlet Kate Spade Outlet Online Gucci Handbags Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers christian louboutin Outlet Online Nike Free Run Polo Ralph Lauren Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Toms Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Online Oakley Sunglasses Toms Outlet Online Lebron James Shoes For Sale Chanel Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Stores Oakley Sunglasses
    Chanel Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online The North Face Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online do it that virtually
    are spirit way. Do not inborn reflex with a instrumentality crush is suchlike to Hulu or Netflix.
    That agency finance in gear mechanism educational institution. If you essential to get a finer instrumentalist.
    Use these tips day, your photos present visual aspect.
    The to the highest degree operative for your

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!