Friday, August 3, 2012

Foody Friday: Baked Pork Chops

One of the perks of summer is using your grill.  I, however, refuse to use the grill when the hubs isn't home.  I'm just not going near the thing.  I also refuse to deny my family a good meal just because Mommy is afraid of the big bad grill.  Instead, I bake.  My dad can bake a fabulous pork chop, seasoned just enough, but not overpowering.  He gave me a few secrets and I've built on that for my family.  It's easy and delicious-just how it should be!

(Warning: Now that it is August, I mentally start to make the switch to fall.  I'm not wishing my time away by any means.  I just extend fall for our house to include August.  Therefore, you will start to see a lot of foods associated with fall start to show up! It's my favorite time of year.  I just can't help it!)

On with the show...
I had three very thick pork chops.

Ingredients: Salt
                       Pepper
                                 Garlic Powder
                                                                                    Season All (can replace with your fav seasoning)
                      Accent
                                           Extra Virgin Olive Oil     
                                           Worcestershire Sauce

Side 1: Dust with all dry ingredients.  
Follow up with a drops of Worcestershire Sauce and rub in.

Side 2: Dust with all dry ingredients
Add a few drops of EVOO and rub in.

Cover with aluminum foil
For thin chops bake at 350 for 30 minutes
For thick chops bake at 375 for 30 minutes

Remove foil and devour!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!