Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Beautify Your Blog"

When I started this blog, I wanted it to have a chic and professional look.  The problem was I didn't know how to do that without paying someone for a customized blog template.  That was not an option.  I settled for a free blog background from http://thecutestblogontheblock.com and added a basic header. 

 I started linking up my projects to different link parties  I wanted people to find my blog and wanted to learn cool things from others. One day when I was linking up  I saw this:
how to make a blog header
Uh, yes please.  If I couldn't have a great background, at least I could have my own header.  I headed over to Projects Around the House for a simplified (for dummies like me) tutorial on making a custom header.  She has step by step directions with pictures.  She even introduces you to a great and easy website for picture editing, Picmonkey You just can't mess it up, thanks to Christine.  

Also on her blog, she had a tutorial for customizing your blog background.  I wanted a background that didn't have a website in the corner advertising someone else.  I found a picture I could upload into blogger and following her steps, I now have a great background.  

The next week I saw her linking this up:

How to Make a Blog Button
I have always wondered about this and there it was for me to learn and DO MYSELF!!!  Christine was showing me each week how to get a completely customized blog for FREE!!  I think she was slowly starting to become my best friend.  

The next week, Projects Around the House explained how to make social media icons to match your blog.  People can find you and connect with you just by clicking the mouse.  
                                                      Follow LLC on Facebook Follow Me on Pinterest Email Me Follow My RSS Feed

These icons look a lot better as a group than having a four separate items down the side of your blog.  

Here's the Beautify Your Blog Series tutorial list so you can customize your blog to match your style!

Be sure to leave Christine some love if you use any of her tutorials!  And even if you don't have a blog, hop on over and check her out.  She has a lot of great tutorials for anyone to try: refashioning clothes, jewelry making, recipes, and home decor ideas!!  I think my favorite is her Easy Ribbon Necklace.  You know what?  It really is easy!
                                         DSCF9608[1]-001
     Thanks Christine for helping me create a blog design I love!!

                                                               
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a sweet feature post Jeannie! You made my day :) Glad I could help you get the blog design you wanted for free. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the introduction to pic monkey! It has changed my life a little. I'll be back to read more of your tips!
    Cheryl
    http://www.youautoknowblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your tips. I really need some help, but will you mind making your own tutorials without copying anyone. Anyway, sorry to disappoint you. No, no, don't stop making tutorials. Keep going, keep going.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!