Friday, July 13, 2012

Foodie Fridays: Monterey Chicken

Let me tell you this.  I enjoy cooking.  I like finding new recipes that my family enjoys.  I'm not a fan of the clean up, but that's neither here nor there.  I am not, however, a person that can create recipes.  I'm more of a follower than a leader when it comes to cooking.  You tell me what to do and I'll do it, but I don't come up with the original idea.  I'm ok with that too.  My family will still eat yummy food and when it doesn't turn out well, I can just blame the other person :)

With that being said, let's move on the to good stuff.  I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It comes from All Things Simple.  The recipe is further down in her post, but worth it.  I must first mention, I did not follow it exactly so you will see discrepancies between my version and hers.  It was just a matter of personal preference.
What you'll need:
Boneless chicken breasts
Your favorite BBQ sauce
Bag of Colby/Monterey Jack Finely Shredded chicken
Can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
Bacon pieces

Preheat oven to 400.





















1. Grill chicken.  We used our handy dandy George Foreman.  Then cover chicken in your favorite BBQ sauce.  Ours is our sweet & spicy Chipotle sauce
2.  Cover with the shredded cheese.
3.  Cover with tomatoes
4.  Cover with bacon pieces.  Bake in oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.



Bam!  There you go.  Simple and flavorful.  Serve with a side of black beans and you have a great meal!  Thanks to Kim McCrary for a tasty recipe!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!