Friday, July 6, 2012

Foody Friday; Easy Ricotta Free Lasagna

Do you love a good lasagna?  Me too, but I could do without heaps of ricotta cheese.  A little I can deal with, but too much I just don't like.  When my husband was growing up, they used to make their own lasagna from scratch.  He said they got it from somewhere: off the noodle box or off the sauce wrapper.  When we got married and it was time to make lasagna, he couldn't remember the recipe exactly.  Well, we made one up together that is part of what he remembers and part me wanting to keep it simple.  Here's what we came up with!






You'll Need:
Box of Lasagna noodles
1lb ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
1 jar of your choice spaghetti sauce
1 8 cups (large bag) of finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1 8x8 casserole dish
Aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 375

1.  Brown your turkey
2.  Add sauce  (sometimes I add some garlic powder depending on my mood)
3.  Put a small amount of sauce in bottom of dish and spread around.
4.  Lay out uncooked pasta noodles.  I do 3 each row.


1. Cover noodles with healthy amount of sauce.
2. Cover sauce with cheese.  Repeat layers of noodles, sauce, cheese until you've reached the top of your dish.
3. Cover with aluminum foil.  Place on baking sheet and pop that baby in the overn.
4.  Bake for 50 covered.  Bake approx. 10 minutes uncovered.

Serve that bad boy!
With our little family of four, we always get two nights (and sometimes an extra lunch) out of just the 8x8 size.  Super easy and super yummy!  Just how I like it!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Stopping by from Creative Me Link Up and following. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!