Wednesday, July 11, 2012

!! IKEA !!

I'm about to say something that will make you gasp (if you're not in the Louisville area).  I had never been to IKEA.  I know, right?  What horrible words.  Pinterest is flooded with IKEA refurb's, remodels, revamps, etc.  I knew they had some cool, inexpensive stuff based off what I had been seeing, but I had no real idea.  So as part of my 30th birthday weekend celebration, we took a trip up to Cincinnati to IKEA between wineries.  IT WAS AMAZING!!  I was overwhelmed with tons of ideas of ways to redecorate our house.  They have just about anything you could possibly need.  Just for the experience, I knew I wanted to buy something but I didn't have anything in mind.  Looking back, there are several things I wish I had purchased but that just means there's another trip in my future.  We were about to the end of the store when I spotted a rug with a price I couldn't pass up $19.99!!!  Um, yes please! We have an area rug in our entry way that we've had for years and I have been wanting to update.  The color scheme in the rug isn't me.  This rug was. SCORE!

So this is the old rug.  

 This is the new rug!  Grey.  Modern.  Chic!
(I know what you're thinking and yes I could've picked up the shoes before taking the picture, but I didn't)

The boys call it our new Spiderman rug b/c the petals look like webs.  Guess it was a winner for everyone!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!