Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bedroom Project

*This is from June 1, 2011


I love the feeling of satisfaction you get when you finish something you're proud of. I got that this weekend!! There are two projects that I finished for our master bedroom that I am super excited about them!! We have lived in our house 2.5 years and have never had anything over our bed. I guess it's not that big of a deal but our bedroom feels so unfinished because of it. There's no design at all in our bedroom and it irritates me. So I started developing ideas. I really wanted to do a vinyl phrase over our bed. There is a phrase from one of my favorite songs by BarlowGirl's "Beautiful Ending" that I wanted to have written in vinyl but it was long and was going to be expensive. "At the end of it all, I want to be in your arms". LOVE that song and those lyrics!!

In the mean time, I was invited to an UpperCase Living party. They had the Bible verse we used for our wedding, "I have found the one whom my soul loves" Song of Solomon 3:4. So I went with that. The main problem with that they aren't transferable so if you take them down, they are gone forever-and your money is wasted. So I decided to put them on the glass of a picture frame. Ok, so what do I put behind the glass to give it some spunk. One thing I am unsatisfied with about our house is that it lacks color. It's tan in most areas except bedrooms, bathrooms, and dining room. I know that sounds like a lot but we have a wide open living room/kitchen and all hallways, office, and stairwell are all tan. It's A LOT of tan. To remedy this, I've been trying to add as much color as I can whether it be painting or with decor & accents.

Our room is a grayish teal. At least that's the best way I can describe it. I thought yellow would be the perfect accent color. My two favorite colors right now are turquoise and yellow so why not use yellow! I spray painted the frame with the vinyl letters yellow. I found some tealish fabric to go behind the glass and got to work.

Here's the frame.
I flipped the matte over and used masking tape to hold the fabric in place. (don't you love that awesome fabric?!?!?!)


This is what it looked like after I "secured" the fabric and flipped it back over. LOVE!

The final product. I love how bright the yellow is. It's a great punch of color!!! Such a happy color. Definitely not boring!!

This is how it looks over our bed. Now I just need to do something with that headboard!!! :) It also needs something to go with it, maybe on either side. We'll see.

I realize this picture makes the frame look uneven, but it's level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!