Friday, June 29, 2012

Foody Friday: Best Chocolate Cupcakes!

I love chocolate!  Maybe a little too much.  Frankly, I think women who do  not like chocolate are a bit crazy.  Chocolate just makes everything better!  When I came across this chocolate cupcake recipe, it's like I hit the chocolate jackpot!  I mean for real!  I get weekly emails from bettycrocker.com and that's how I found it.  BC calls it the Dalmatian Cupcake.  Uh, no!  Who wants to eat a Dalmatian cupcake?  No one.  I renamed them Chocolate Surprise cupcakes.  Wondering why?  There is a cream cheese/chocolate chip center to these cupcakes.  SURPRISE!   I bet you didn't see that coming! Here's how you can enjoy them too!

You'll need:
8oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix.  I used Chocolate Fudge
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1 bag of chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350.  Make your filling first and set aside. 
1.  Place softened cream cheese in bowl
2.  Add 1/3 cup sugar
3.  Add 1 egg
4.  Beat


1. Depending on the occasion, I add food coloring
2.  Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or if you're like me-more!)
{I did not take pics of the cake mix process.  Beat cake mix, 1/3 cup oil, 3 eggs.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 way full}
3.  Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mix to the cupcake mix.  Bake 18-22 minutes.
4.  Decorate.  These were for our Superhero Birthday Bash so they were decorated as such.  Otherwise, top with more chocolate chips. (white icing and chocolate chips is why BC calls it a dalmatian cupcake)  
5. Savor each bite because it will be over too quickly!
6.  Make again and again and again!

1 comment:

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!