Monday, June 25, 2012

Housewarming Wreath

My cousin just moved into her newly built house.  It is beautiful.  She is also beautiful, inside and out.  She seems like superwoman because on top of raising her two boys and working, she some how always manages to do things for everyone else.  I am convinced she just doesn't sleep!  I wanted to make her something for her new house and she mentioned needing a wreath.  Since her house is neutral, that meant the wreath needed to be fun and bright.  I asked what colors she might like and she gave me a few.  When she said yellow and turquoise as options, I stopped listening.  HELLO!!!  My two favs!  I took it and ran with it.

My first stop was to Hobby Lobby to get supplies.  I also made a Wal-Mart stop too.
You need:  Grapevine wreath
                  wooden numbers
                  ribbon
                  flowers
                  hot glue/gun
                  sandpaper
                 


1. These are my supplies
2. Sand your numbers so they have smooth edges
3.  Paint your numbers
4.  Make your desired bow and attach to wreath.  You can use hot glue or floral wire.  I could not find my floral wire so I used a twist tie.




1.  Hot glue your flowers to the wreath
2.  Arrange your flowers in your desired pattern
3.  Bad picture of how it turned out
4.  Another picture of how it turned out.

She loved it and that made me very happy!  I love making things for people, but you never know if they're going to like it or not.  It looks great on her front door too!

Photo: Love it - Thanks!


8 comments:

  1. This is awesome..so beautiful..thanks dear for sharing step by step :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I love it. Seen you on trendy treehouse.
    Maria Crafty Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. I've been looking for a new wreath idea, and I think this is it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. We live in an apartment and every time I try to hang something on the door it covers up the apartment number. I see one of these in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty wreath! and a lovely gift too!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! You did a fabulous job and I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this today! Stop by and check it out! http://www.thegunnysack.com/2012/07/who-was-stuffed-in-gunny-sack-week-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I'm featuring this awesome wreath on scrappy saturdays this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished making this wreath and posted about it on my blog with a link back to you. Thanks again for sharing it! I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!